Red Man Laughing - The Treaty 1-11 Gathering Youth Panel
In this episode of the Red Man Laughing Podcast we take you to beautiful Ft. Qu'Appelle, SK for the National Treaty 1-11 Gathering that took place this past August 2014. This panel was a chance for Youth (and young adults that work with Youth) to share some thoughts & ideas on what the Treaty Movement can do more of to included Youth voices and enage young people in the Treaty Movement as a whole.
The panel consisted of:
- Rita Merrick
- Colby Tootoosis
- Tim Catcheway
- Colin Starblanket
In this conversation you'll hear a wide ranging discussion on a number of topics. Some of these topics include:
- Youth engagement strategies;
- Ceremony & connection to land;
- Language & cultural work needed to help guide youth;
- Whether engaging in mainstream systems has value;
- As youth, standing up for & standing beside our Women;
- Making our leaders put their "money where their mouths are."
The conversation does get cut short due to time constraints (which we gently scold them for) but this is the conversation in its entirety.